Daily drivers on city streets, off-roading pickups, show cars and exotics - drivers trust GlassParency's Ceramic Coatings for long-lasting shine and protection.
Detailers expect the ceramic coatings they choose to work as hard as they do. That's why our installers trust GlassParency's Graphene and Ceramic Coatings for their customers. They know when they use a GlassParency Ceramic Coating, they're giving their customer a premium quality product from a company that stands behind it - just ask them about getting a GP Transparent Warranty for your Ceramic Coating.
Like our detailers, we're committed to the craft of detailing and giving detailers the most effective and innovative products on the market.
Awarded the #1 Graphene Coating by Pan the Organizer, the 9H Graphene and Ceramic Coatings use the latest technology for 5+ years of water repellency, gloss and shine while protecting your paint, wheels, and headlights from bad weather, scuffs and marring, corrosion, oxidation, UV rays, and water damage.
Ceramic Coating a vehicle is a multi-stage process that requires skill and expertise. The process varies for every vehicle and every detailer based on many factors: detailer training/tools/facilities, the condition of the vehicles paint, the type of vehicle, number of layers, and more. But most follow a similar course of events. Here's what you can expect...
This is where the real work happens. Prior to ceramic coating application, your detailer spends hours prepping the paint for the best possible end result. The level of decontamination and paint correction is determined by the condition of your vehicle paint and any discussions you have with your detailer.
This step typically begins with an evaluation of scratches, chips, swirls and etching that need correction followed by a thorough paint decontamination to remove metallic contaminants, any previously applied waxes or sealants, tree sap, bugs, etc. Your vehicle then receives the appropriate level of paint correction using a buffer and polish if needed. Lastly, your vehicle may be washed again and the panels go through a final stage of prep to remove any residual chemicals or contaminants.
Your detailer will meticulously apply GlassParency's Ceramic Coating to every panel of the vehicle, ensuring 100% coverage. Our ceramic coating can also be applied to headlights, wheels, and ask your detailer about adding a GlassParency Glass Treatment for the ultimate hydrophobic protection on your glass.
Ideally, the vehicle should remain indoors for at least 24 hours after the ceramic coating is applied so that it can cure without any potentially harmful substances damaging the coating. The coating will continue to cure to its full 9H hardness over the course of the next 7 to 14 days.
When you pick up your car, your detailer will give you instructions for how to best care for and maintain your new ceramic coating so that you can enjoy its benefits for years-to-come.
Or you can follow our Complete Guide to Ceramic Coating Care & Maintenance
The Graphene Coating is a Ceramic Coating with a graphene oxide additive. The performance benefits of Graphene include...
- Improved resistance to water-spotting due to increased heat dispersion
- Enhanced durability compared to traditional ceramic coatings
- More forgiving application process due to longer initial flashing time
Short Answer: you'll have to visit your local detailer for an evaluation of your vehicle to provide an estimate.
Long Answer: Because there are many variables that go into determining the cost of a ceramic coating application, you'll have to bring your vehicle to a local detailer for them to evaluate and provide an estimate. Factors that impact how much it will cost include...
- Paint Condition: vehicles with paint in perfect condition require less time to prep for coating application than paint that has scratches, chips, swirls, etc. which may require hours of buffing and prep work
- Number of Layers: if your detailer applies more than one layer of ceramic coating, you will likely pay more
- Surfaces Coated: if you ceramic coat your paint+wheels, it will cost more than coating the paint alone
- Detailer Experience and Reputation: reputable detailers have gone through many trainings and certifications to hone their skills and craft. Their expertise and workmanship justifies a higher price.
- Location: a detailer in New York is likely going to charge more than a detailer in North Carolina
Short Answer: it varies based on a wide range of factors, but you can expect it to last for 3+ years
Long Answer: a ceramic coating that isn't properly maintained and/or is subjected to harsh, damaging conditions won't last as long as a ceramic coating that is properly maintained and cared for. A properly maintained ceramic coating can last well over 5 years!
The better you care for and maintain your ceramic coating, the longer you'll enjoy its performance and benefits. For detailed instructions, read our Complete Guide to Ceramic Coating Care and Maintenance.
The basic rules of Ceramic Coating care are...
- Only use pH Neutral soaps and detailing products that are safe for use on Ceramic Coatings (we have them all!)
- Avoid automatic brush car washes
- Avoid abrasives such as clay bars or low quality towels/microfibers
- Avoid hard mineral water
- Avoid parking beneath trees or other locations where bird droppings or tree sap may fall on the coating and if these do come in contact with the coating, use a quick detailer such as BOOST or GP Waterless Wash and high quality microfiber to clean it
For Maximum Durability, follow this maintenance schedule:
- Every 2-4 Weeks - Maintenance Wash using pH Neutral Soap
- Every 3-4 Months - Seasonal Maintenance: perform a maintenance wash and add a coating topper such as our Boost Sealant to rejuvenate and protect the coating
- Annual Maintenance: perform a maintenance wash and decontaminate with a pH Neutral Iron Remover followed by a coating topper such as our Boost or Graphene Spray Coating that adds a year of protection
It can take anywhere from 1 to 5+ days depending on the condition of your paint, the size of the vehicle, and the number of layers.
Send us a message that you're interested in having your vehicle Ceramic Coated, include your zip code, and we will respond within 24-48 hours with the nearest installer that offers GlassParency's Ceramic Coating.